Campus / News / November 11, 2014

College to hold Knox Guardian Launch Party

Campus SafetyVice President and Chief Information Officer Steve Hall announced in a campus-wide email Monday that the college will be holding a Knox Guardian Launch Party. The event will be held on Thursday, Nov. 13 at 4 p.m. in the Taylor Lounge.

Students are encouraged to bring their smartphones to learn about and download the new app and ask questions. Director of Campus Safety John Schlaf will be in attendance to assist students, as will ITS and help desk staff. Pizza and prizes will be available for students who download the app.

The app was announced by Schlaf via email on Nov. 3. According to Schlaf, it allows students to turn their smartphones into a personal safety device by enabling them to contact family and friends, as well as Campus Safety or the Galesburg Police Department if they are in a dangerous situation.

Tags:  Campus Safety its John Schlaf Knox Guardian Rave Guardian smartphone Steve Hall taylor lounge Technology

Winter weather in the forecast
News Briefs: Police called twice to Knox event

Rachel Landman is a sophomore interested in journalism, creative writing and sociology. This is her first year working for TKS as Co-News Editor after having previously served as a news reporter. She became involved in journalism during her senior year of high school as one of the founding members of the student newspaper at Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School in Albuquerque, New Mexico.